Join us for a Frenzy group run on Saturday, July 19. We will leave the dog park / Military Reserve parking lot at 6 am SHARP to carpool up to the trail head at Five Mile Gulch. The early start is our attempt to beat the heat 🙂 We will begin gathering at the dog park around 5:45 am. We will need to take enough cars to accommodate all runners back to the dog park.
There are a few mileage options for this training run:
- Option 1: Three Bears/Watchman/Five Mile = ~ 6 miles
- Option 2: Route below without the out/back on Ridge Road = ~ 15.5 miles
- Option 3: Route below with the out/back on Ridge Road = ~ 17.5 miles
From the parking area at Five Mile,
- Run a short way down Rocky Canyon to the trail head for Three Bears
- Take a right at the trail head and run up Three Bears to the junction of Femrite’s. During the race, this is ~ mile 22 – 24 (probably a little less). DO NOT go left on Femrite’s at this time.
- At this junction, look to the right, and you’ll see a trail head sign for Watchman. Go that way – RIGHT on #3 Watchman (During the race, this junction with Three Bears and Femrite’s will be ~ 6.5 miles from the beginning.)
Then you will follow these directions for the Frenzy. Note: during the race, there will be an 1-mile out/1-mile back on Ridge Road at the top of Five Mile. That is optional on this run. Most of us will not be running the out/back in this training run.
- Run on #3 Watchman to junction with #2 Five Mile Gulch
- Take LEFT on and go up #2 Five Mile Gulch to the junction with #7 Orchard Gulch
- Continue straight / LEFT on #2 Five Mile Gulch to Ridge Road
- Take RIGHT on Ridge Road
- OPTION for this training run (2 miles on Ridge Rd)
- Take LEFT on Ridge Road
- Run ~ 1 mile on Ridge Road
- Turn around after 1 mile and run back down Ridge Road
- Run down Ridge Road to Aldape Summit
- Take RIGHT on Rocky Canyon Road to junction with #7 Orchard Gulch
- Take RIGHT at trailhead of #7 Orchard Gulch (During the race, this is ~ mile 18.)
- Run on #7 Orchard Gulch to junction with #2 Five Mile Gulch
- Take LEFT on #2 Five Mile Gulch
- Run #2 Five Mile Gulch to Rocky Canyon Road (During the race this is ~ 22 miles.)
Bring plenty of water and fuel if you’re planning to do the whole run. You may want to print out these instructions. We never know if we’re going to have 3 or 13 runners join us on these group runs, nor do we know what paces people will be running. I know that I will be running the shorter 6-mile option b/c I have a marathon the next weekend 🙂 See y’all there!!